How to Make a Fashion Capsule
As the world knows, fashion changes but somehow stays the same throughout the generations. Every season of fashion week, we see new but old styles coming back in various new forms. However, what items to keep that will withstand the test of time? How do you build a fashion capsule? What is a fashion capsule?
A fashion capsule, or capsule wardrobe, is a collection of clothing items that complement each other. They are timeless pieces that never go out of trend or style and used to create a combination of outfits with interchanging some small clothing selections. It’s a very less is more or minimalist way of dressing.
Every person will have varying items within their capsule, especially depending on their mood or overall comfort levels in clothing. Some basic aspects of capsules will include neutral tone clothes and having about 10-20 items. Some other items that may include in traditional capsules will be:
- staple jeans
- a T-shirt that goes with everything
- a classic trench coat or blazer
- dresses that can be styled up
- down and comfortable knitwear
Capsule creation helps many creators with saving time, money, and stress when it comes to deciding outfits. Creators often make better material choices when shopping for new capsule pieces as more durable quality fabrics can help stand against the change in climate.
Now, how to start a fashion capsule/capsule wardrobe?
- Start by going through the current wardrobe.
- Figure out how often items are worn or figure out the top 40 items that are worn.
- Think about the various combinations of outfits that can come from the 40 items.
- Wear them!
- Audit the various outfits.
- Plan for new capsule purchases.
Happy shopping and planning!
#fashion #capsule #clothing #trends #fashionweek #season #style #luxury