Regaining Focus: Work from Home Edition
The global issue has changed the way the world continues to move forward from the days of quarantine. Especially in the workforce, employees and corporations had to adapt to working from the comfort of their homes. Work from home has been a win for employees as travel to and from the office being completely taken out has given more time and funds for employees to use for their own enjoyment. However, for some employees, their focus on work task has dropped as their home life has caused some issues. Everyone has to adapt to their new work environments, whether that is creating a new workspace or even a mini version of their in office cubicles.
Here are some other ways to regain focus while working from home:
- Get dressed: Dressing as though in office can help get with getting into the idea of the workspace.
- Schedule breaks: Knowing how the workday plans out and when breaks start and finish can help provide a timeframe of when to focus and when to stop.
- Know when to log out: Working over allowed time or into late hours does increase stress, which can lead to other negative health effects and decreased focus..
- Create a home office: Having a designated workspace will help with separating the rooms or areas where work is done; each space or room serves a different purpose.
- Go outside: Taking a quick walk outside and just getting fresh air will help with limiting screen time and is good for mental health.
- Limit distractions: Monitoring outside noise, keeping cellphones out of sight and positive sounds around can help in productivity; this can especially be done with designating an at home office space.
Hopefully, these tips and idea can help make working from home an enjoyable experience and aid in increasing productivity.
Photo Source: https://www.ccl.org/articles/leading-effectively-articles/working-from-home-advice-10-tips/